Sometimes you end up never speaking to someone who meant the world to you again. And that’s okay. You cope and you survive. Don’t let your losses keep you back from new gains.
- I wish someone had told me this when I was hurting, y.g. (via onlinebabe)
We can get all excited about missions but do you witness to the guy sitting down beside you?
- Paul Washer (via laurenmccarty116)
If you didn’t earn your salvation how are you going to un-earn it?
- Timothy Keller (via christopherevan)
Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.
No healthy saint ever chooses suffering; he chooses God’s will, as Jesus did, whether it means suffering or not.
- Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest: August 10 (via technicolortaylor)
(Source: Flickr / williamthornaday)
… And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, “O me! O life!… of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless… of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?” Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play *goes on* and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?
- Robin Williams | The Dead Poets Society (via tallerthanlions)